Category: Community

Member Spotlight- Maryvale Family YMCA

Luz del carmen member spotlight

Maryvale Family YMCA … Read More

My Y Story: CATHY RODRIGUEZ CONTRERAS

Cathy Rodriguez-Contreras|Valley of the Sun YMCA

The Diabetes Prevention Program and the Y put the diabetes class together in such a way that learning how to eat and how to change my habit as a prediabetic was not that difficult.… Read More

FitPHX Meet Me Downtown Walk/Run

Meet Me Downtown Phoenix and FitPHX Walk/Run | YMCA | Healthy Living | Media Room | Valley of the Sun YMCA

The free, weekly FitPHX Meet Me Downtown Phoenix walk/run is getting people active while promoting our vibrant downtown, it’s fantastic that thousands already are participating and have complied more than 16,000 miles.… Read More

Valley YMCA Saves Child’s Life with CPR

Valley of the Sun YMCA | Instructor Saves Boy

While on vacation in Idaho, a Valley of the Sun YMCA instructor saved a young boys life. The boy, who nearly drowned in a lake, was rescued by Alicia Galbreath.… Read More

Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA Hosts Morning of Prayer

Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA hosts morning of prayer | Valley of the Sun YMCA

Community members of Chandler and Gilbert spent part of their September 10th morning spreading joy at the Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA during The 9th Annual Morning of Prayer. The event doubles as a fundraiser for scholarships that benefit young adults at the YMCA. This year the even raised $14,000.… Read More

The Price Family

Families And Groups Programs & Activities | Valley of the Sun YMCA

Jeannene Price has her two children (Morgan and Nick) involved in the YMCA through the support of the scholarship subsidy program. As a single mom, she relies on the Y for before/after school childcare and day camps for Morgan, basketball programs for her teenaged son, Nick, and healthy living programs for her.… Read More

Flagstaff YMCA Early Learning Center Receives a 4 Star Rating

Valley of the Sun YMCA | Membership | Join the Y | Membership Benefits

Flagstaff YMCA early learning center achieves Quality Plus rating, Tour recognizes partnerships are key to closing achievement gap. “When a group of 25 people walked through the Flagstaff YMCA Early Learning Center on a recent Tuesday, the toddlers and preschoolers hardly noticed. In each classroom the children were happily painting with their fingers, reading with puppets, and playing make believe, with the teachers, playing right along with them.… Read More

Flagstaff Y receives United Way Literacy Grant

Thanks to the United Way of Northern Arizona, the Flagstaff Y Preschool has received additional funds for Early Literacy Enrichment. These grants are provided to enhance children’s literacy through activities in the focus areas of professional development and/or curriculum development.… Read More

APS awards STEM education grant

Senior Outreach | Seniors Programs & Activities | Valley of the Sun YMCA

The APS Foundation announced today the grant recipients for its first funding distribution of 2015. Education grants awarded to 17 nonprofits located throughout the state of Arizona and the Four Corners area totaled more than $1.4 million.… Read More

Grant Funds New “Y-Knot” Program

Y-Knot | Youth Workforce Development | Youth Development | Community Programs | Valley of the Sun YMCA

Thanks to a grant from the Phoenix Industrial Development Authority, youth from Maryvale will be learning, hands-on, what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur.… Read More