After a year at home and behind a screen, every child can benefit from a Day Camp experience at their local Y. Day campers make new memories, create life-long friendships and explore the world around them in a fun and safe environment. Summer day camp activities like art, music, STEM, swim and sports are designed to build confidence and develop untapped talent. New this year, these activities are infused with learning, to keep your student’s mind sharp in literacy, science and math. Exciting themes and special events make it a different adventure each week!
SUMMER DAY CAMP INFORMATION:
- DATES: May 24 – July 31, 2021
- TIMES: 6:30am – 6:30pm (daily)
- AGES: 5 – 12
*Summer day camp offerings may vary by branch. Please contact your local branch for more information.
Summer Day Camp Interest Form
Our Youth Program Guidelines Include:
- Staff and participants will be evaluated for symptoms of illness upon entry. Anyone displaying symptoms will not be allowed to attend the program that day.
- To promote social distancing, children will be in small groups led by staff across the building, and no large gatherings are held inside or outside.
- Handwashing is prioritized; youth and staff will wash their hands after every activity, before and after mealtime.
- Strict sanitization and cleaning protocol have been implemented; including frequent disinfection of high-touch surfaces.
- Snacks and meals provided by the YMCA are pre-packaged, which eliminates food handling by staff and increases sanitation.
- Field Trips have been canceled; all day campers will experience virtual field trips at their location to eliminate exposure to large groups.
- Swimming will still occur at YMCAs that have a pool and will account for social distancing in and around the pool.
- The program will run daily 6:30am – 6:30pm, any changes due to the evolving nature of the pandemic will be communicated quickly.