Employee U at the Desert Foothills Family YMCA is a flexible 4-week program designated for teens to learn life- and workforce -readiness skills through workshops, community speakers, volunteer opportunities and individualized experiences. Teens must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week and a maximum of 30 hours per week for volunteer hours. This program is limited to 20 participants per session.
May 30-June 24 (Orientation 5/26 6-8pm)
July 3- July 28 (Orientation 6/29 6-7pm)
Program funded through Desert Foothills Family YMCA Annual Support campaign.
Teens will be hosting lunch and learns on the following dates:
- Thursday, July 6th Employee Lunch & Learn, Teens 14-18, 11:30am – 2pm, Financial Goals & Time Management
- Thursday, July 13th Employee Lunch & Learn, Teens 14-18, 11:30am – 2pm, Communication Style
- Thursday, July 20th Employee Lunch & Learn, Teens 14-18, 11:30am – 2pm, Discover the HERO in You
- Thursday, July 27th Employee Lunch & Learn, Teens 14-18, 11:30am – 2pm, Preparing for that Perfect Job
- Week One: Financial Goals & Time Management
- Week Two: What does your Communication Style say about you
- Week Three: Discover the HERO in you
- Week Four: How do you get that Perfect Job for you today
CONTACT: Kathy Jo McNamara -Volunteer Coordinator at 602-212-6292 or firstname.lastname@example.org