We’re here for you! As an organization that has met the community at the heart of where it needs us most for more than 125 years, the Valley of the Sun YMCA is committed to delivering safe and engaging spaces for all of our program participants. Today is no different, and we remain dedicated to providing emergency child care services for first responders, healthcare workers, government employees and those who cannot afford to take time off work to be at home with their children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This program is different than traditional YMCA afterschool, preschool programs. Our Emergency Child Program Guidelines Include:
- Staff and participants will be evaluated for symptoms of illness upon entry. Anyone displaying symptoms will not be allowed to attend the program that day.
- Children will be in small groups led by staff across the building, and no large gatherings are held inside or outside.
- Handwashing is prioritized; youth and staff will wash their hands after every activity, before and after meal time.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Snacks and meals provided by the YMCA are pre-packaged which eliminates food handling by staff and increases sanitation.
- The program will run daily 6:30am – 6:30pm, any changes due to the evolving nature of the pandemic will be communicated quickly.
50% Scholarship for First Responders, Health Care Workers, Government Employees: Show your employee ID at registration to receive this scholarship. Scholarships are available to all based on need, inquire at the time of registration. Online registration is not available for this program. Please visit your nearest branch or call (602) 404-9622.
Effective immediately, the below is the list of emergency child care locations available through the Valley of the Sun YMCA.
FLAGSTAFF FAMILY YMCA
GLENDALE/PEORIA FAMILY YMCA
LEGACY FOUNDATION CHRIS-TOWN YMCA
NORTHWEST VALLEY FAMILY YMCA
SOUTHWEST VALLEY FAMILY YMCA
TEMPE FAMILY YMCA
YUMA FAMILY YMCA