Drowning is the leading cause of accidental death of children ages 1-4.
The Valley of the Sun YMCA is proving 2,000 swim lessons to valley residents in an effort to teach the life skill of swimming. The Valley of the Sun YMCA will be offering free swim lessons to beginner swimmers (6 months – adult) May 13th – May 23rd. The swim lessons will take place at 13 valleywide YMCAs (not including Flagstaff or Yuma branches).
Registration for the free lessons will begin on May 1st at 12pm. Please visit your local branch’s welcome center for more information.
- Registration Must Be Done In Person
- Free Swim Lessons Will Be May 13-23, 2019
- Open to Members & Non-Members
- Geared for Non-Swimmers (Or People With Limited Swimming Abilities)
- Space Is Limited (First Come First Serve)
Children will learn water safety skills. It is important to recognize that each child learns how to swim at their own pace. Swimming skills are a progression and we encourage parents/guardians to continue to develop this life skill.