We give back to our military community by offering two military family programs.

Each provides access to child care, youth development, family strengthening, and health and well-being programs.



The Valley of the Sun is proud to participate in the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative. This initiative provides free membership access to eligible deployed military personnel and military families. This exclusive membership is offered in six-month intervals and allows access to all 13 Valley of the Sun YMCA locations.

The Military Outreach Initiative was launched in 2008 where $31 million in government funding is available for eligible military families and active-duty personnel to receive free memberships at full-facility YMCAs in their communities. Membership fees for this initiative are underwritten by the Department of Defense (DOD).

Through this collaborative partnership, participating YMCAs throughout the United States and Puerto Rico will provide this program for the following Title 10 DOD Military Groups: Families of Deployed National Guard and Reserve, Active Duty Assigned to Independent Duty Locations, Relocated Spouses of Deployed Active Duty Personnel, and Community-Based Wounded Transition Unit. The initiative is limited to Title 10 personnel only, per Department of Defense guidelines.



All active duty, retired and veteran military personnel are able to purchase a military membership at a preferred rate with no joining fees at any Valley of the Sun location. To apply for this type of membership, simply go to the welcome center at any of our branches and bring your military ID.


For more information and to determine eligibility, please email military@vosymca.org