Recipe Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners
25 minutes Prep Time, 20 minutes Cook Time, Serves 4 people
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 12 oz tuna steak, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- . can (15. oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or
- garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- . bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
1 Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
2 Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5–10 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
4 Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
5 Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.
Tip: Try with a side of Quinoa with Paprika and Cumin.
- calories 282
- Total fat 10 g
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 42 mg
- Sodium 418 mg
- Total fiber 5 g
- Protein 31 g
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Potassium 874 mg