With a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility, YMCA volunteers are instrumental in helping us achieve our cause-driven mission by providing community members of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support needed to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, and teens are committed to giving back and supporting their neighbors by becoming YMCA volunteers. This is likely due to our presence in more than 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide and our commitment to promise and deliver positive, personal, and social change.
With multiple lines of programming, The Valley of the Sun YMCA is always in search of good people who are interested in volunteering to give back to the community. From leadership roles and coordinating events to offering motivational support and mentorship, we have the perfect volunteer opportunity available for you. Some of these opportunities include:
- Serve on various Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach sports teams and teach classes promoting health and wellness
- Support youth in building important skills, character strengths, and relationships which lead to positive behaviors, a healthy lifestyle, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals.
- Extend a helping hand to senior adults who want to do more, be more, and live healthier.
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and the community.
VOLUNTEER Interest Form
"*" indicates required fields
Where Goodness Belongs
At the Valley of the Sun YMCA, a volunteer’s time and talent can go a long way. Volunteers come from all walks of life and share a common trait: the desire to help others.