As a leader in child care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Valley of the Sun YMCA is prepared to partner with our local school districts to address the unprecedented challenges that the upcoming 2020-2021 school year will bring. We know that navigating your child’s school schedule and ensuring that he or she has the resources necessary to reach this year’s educational milestones are among your top concerns. As a thought leader and best-in-class provider of education and youth development, the YMCA has become a reliable and trustworthy partner to families across the state during COVID-19. Through our experience of providing emergency child care to essential workers, we have already helped families return to work by providing remote learning in a child care program developed under the most stringent health and safety guidelines. We are prepared to ensure that your child receives the nutritious meals, genuine attention, access to technology, and appropriate schedule management that he or she needs to succeed academically.
YMCA STAFF TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
When partnering with the YMCA, families gain access to quality programming led by qualified and experienced staff. Each staff member undergoes a rigorous background check, as well as training for child abuse prevention and awareness, and maintains active certification for First Aid & CPR. All staff have also completed COVID-19 health and safety standards training.
- GRADES: K – 8th
- DATES: Begins immediately
- HOURS: 6:30am – 6:30pm
- Daily program for students to conduct their virtual learning with the support of YMCA instructors. An alternative to at-home online learning where essential health and safety guidelines are rigorously practiced.
- When the learning hours are completed, traditional enrichment programming kicks into high gear: crafts, STEM, games and swimming for locations with a pool.
- Students are asked to bring a laptop/Chromebook, charging cord, headphones, pen/pencil, paper, face mask, water bottle and lunch. Please ensure that each is labeled with the child’s name.
- DES subsidies and enrichment scholarships accepted. YMCA scholarships are available based on need – please inquire at the time of registration.
BENEFITS OF YMCA CHILD CARE
- We place high expectations on staff. All classrooms are led by qualified instructors, who must complete at least 18 hours of additional training each year.
- We focus on building the four Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We make your child’s health a priority. Our morning and afternoon snacks meet state nutritional guidelines, and we follow Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) standards.
- We prioritize safety. All staff members are trained in First Aid, CPR, management of communicable disease, and recognition and reporting of child abuse and neglect.
- In response to COVID-19 all YMCA child care programs incorporate all required health and safety guidelines including mask mandates, social distancing, daily wellness screenings, increased hand washing and frequent disinfecting and cleaning protocols.
Click below to download your Y Academy packet for in branch registration