WE BELIEVE THAT CHILD CARE EXPERIENCES ARE VITAL IN THE DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION OF THE WHOLE CHILD.
During summer child care, children make new friends, explore the world around them, and learn new skills every day. The Valley of the Sun YMCA offers children positive developmental experiences and encourages them to forge bonds with each other and with staff, building confidence through skill-building activities suited to their age. Children experience a sense of achievement through opportunities in the outdoors and are welcomed to a physically and emotionally safe and stimulating environment whether in a Y facility or at an outdoor day campsite or park.
Summer Child Care (Ages 5 – 13; Monday – Friday)
THE Y, A GREAT PLACE TO EXPLORE, LEARN AND GROW!
Children enrolled will not want the summer to end! Each week has its own theme and is packed with activities, crafts and games, treasure hunts, water-fun, sports, field trips, and so much more! Your child will make new friends, sing, play, explore, learn, and laugh–all under the watchful eyes of fully-trained staff. Fun for kids, peace of mind for you. Sign up for your favorite “Theme Week” or join us all summer long! The majority of our programs are licensed by the state of Arizona and accept DES and the Arizona Enrichment Center Scholarship.
BENEFITS OF YMCA CHILD CARE
- We place high expectations on staff. All classrooms are led by qualified teachers, who must complete at least 18 hours of additional training each year.
- We focus on building the four Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We make your child’s health a priority. Our morning and afternoon snacks meet state nutritional guidelines, and we follow Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) standards.
- We prioritize safety. All staff members are trained in First Aid, CPR, management of communicable disease, and recognition and reporting of child abuse and neglect.
- In response to COVID-19 all YMCA child care programs now incorporate daily wellness screenings, social distancing, regular cleaning protocol and increased hand-washing.