Our fully state-licensed preschool programs provide excellent care for children in a nurturing, enriched environment. The curriculum is aligned with Arizona’s Early Learning Standards for math, science, literacy, social studies, music and art.
Open to children from age 2 through pre-kindergarten, Y preschools are designed to enrich your child’s cognitive, language, social, emotional, physical and creative development.
Benefits of YMCA Preschool:
- We take academics seriously and incorporate regular assessments into our curriculum.
- We place high expectations on staff. All classrooms are led by qualified, licensed teachers, who must complete at least 18 hours of additional training each year.
- We offer extracurricular activities onsite during the day. You can enroll your preschooler in sports, art or dance classes, gymnastics or swim lessons.
- We influence character development. As with all YMCA programs, we focus on building the four Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We welcome parental involvement. Parents are encouraged to visit the Early Learning Center at any time during the day to get involved in celebrations, activities and volunteer committees.
- We make your child’s health a priority. Our morning and afternoon snacks meet state nutritional guidelines, and we follow Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) standards.
- We prioritize safety. All staff members are trained in First Aid, CPR, management of communicable disease, and recognition and reporting of child abuse and neglect.