The Y’s value-based approach to preschool will help your young child develop essential social, physical and intellectual building blocks. Our pre-k program provides developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum designed to support the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical growth of your children. Children in Y preschool programs are encouraged to use their creativity, develop new skills, work and play with peers, and experience positive adult role models.
Our fully state licensed Preschool Child Care programs provide excellent care for children, in a nurturing environment. The pre-k curriculum at our early childhood learning centers are designed to offer enrichment child care, catering to families that value education. We provide an engaging pre-kindergarten environment for your child to explore activities in literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, arts, technology, healthy habits & social development.
Benefits of YMCA Preschool:
- We take academics seriously and incorporate regular assessments into our curriculum.
- We place high expectations on staff. All classrooms are led by qualified, licensed teachers, who must complete at least 18 hours of additional training each year.
- We offer extracurricular activities onsite during the day. You can enroll your preschooler in sports, art or dance classes, gymnastics or swim lessons.
- We influence character development. As with all YMCA programs, we focus on building the four Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We welcome parental involvement. Parents are encouraged to visit the Early Learning Center at any time during the day to get involved in celebrations, activities and volunteer committees.
- We make your child’s health a priority. Our morning and afternoon snacks meet state nutritional guidelines, and we follow Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) standards.
- We prioritize safety. All staff members are trained in First Aid, CPR, management of communicable disease, and recognition and reporting of child abuse and neglect.