Taking part in YMCA summer child care programs, kids make new friendships, accomplish goals, learn new skills, and experience belonging in a way that only the Y can provide. Every new experience comes with a chance to learn and grow. At the Y, we strive to give every child and teen opportunities to test their own limits and explore their potential.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of all our campers and staff and will operate within the guidelines established by the CDC, American Camp Association, YUSA, and state and local health departments. The changes that we are making this summer reflect these guidelines. Weekly and daily rates available for Preschool and Summer Child Care during the months of June and July. Weekly program available for Leader in Training during the months of June and July.
For more information, select the program below:
Our Youth Program Guidelines Include:
- Staff and participants will be evaluated for symptoms of illness upon entry. Anyone displaying symptoms will not be allowed to attend the program that day.
- To promote social distancing, children will be in small groups led by staff across the building, and no large gatherings are held inside or outside.
- Handwashing is prioritized; youth and staff will wash their hands after every activity, before and after meal time.
- Strict sanitization and cleaning protocol have been implemented; including frequent disinfection of high-touch surfaces.
- Snacks and meals provided by the YMCA are pre-packaged, which eliminates food handling by staff and increases sanitation.
- Field Trips have been canceled; all day campers will experience virtual field trips at their location to eliminate exposure to large groups.
- Swimming will still occur at YMCAs that have a pool and will account for social distancing in and around the pool.
- The program will run daily 6:30am – 6:30pm, any changes due to the evolving nature of the pandemic will be communicated quickly.