Benefits of Volunteering
The YMCA is celebrating volunteers across our state. According to the Corporation for National and Community Service, more than 4,400 people of all ages and backgrounds are helping to meet local needs, strengthen communities, and increase civic engagement through national service in Arizona. These volunteers are serving at more than 730 locations throughout the state. We want to celebrate all those who give back to our incredible state. Perhaps the first and biggest benefit people get from volunteering is the satisfaction of incorporating service into their lives and making a difference in their community and country.
The intangible benefits alone—such as pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment—are worthwhile reasons to serve. In addition, when we share our time and talents we:
- Solve Problems
- Strengthen Communities
- Improve Lives
- Connect to Others
- Transform Our Own Lives
Focus on Volunteerism at the Y
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.