Our top priority here at the Valley of the Sun YMCA has always been and will continue to be the health and safety of our members and staff. We have worked closely with the Governor’s office to create a phased re-opening plan and to implement guidelines to safely re-open our branches.
ALL VALLEY OF THE SUN YMCA BRANCHES ARE NOW OPEN
We are excited to announce our second phase of reopening for each of our Valley of the Sun YMCA branch location effective Monday, June 1! Since reopening our wellness floors on May 13, we have continued to keep the health and safety of our members and staff top-of-mind. We’ve continued to follow the guidance from government and health officials and are prepared to reopen several additional programs and branch amenities in the same intentional approach many have come to trust at the Y. In addition to our fitness floor operations, we will begin to welcome members to our pools, group fitness classes, personal training and Amazing Kids Centers on June 1.
We want to keep our doors open for as many members as possible. Doing so means taking safety seriously. In order to comply with the CDC’s social distancing recommendations, we have limited the number of people in our branches.
Monday-Thursday: 5:00AM – 8:00PM
Friday: 5:00AM – 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Monday-Friday: 6:00AM – 7:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Monday-Friday: 6:30AM – 6:30PM
Monday-Friday: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
WHAT MEMBERS CAN EXPECT AT THE Y
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home! Help us keep our Y communities safe and healthy.
- We are recommending if you are part of a vulnerable population please wait to enjoy the Y.
- Members will check in through the mobile app or via contactless check-in at the Welcome Center. Members will be asked to sign an updated waiver and code of conduct.
- Rigorous cleaning protocols will continue based upon CDC recommendations throughout the facility and staffing levels to support these measures will be increased. We will continue to ask for our members to use cleaning materials provided to wipe down equipment before and after your workout.
- Capacities will initially be reduced throughout the facility to safely limit the number of people in a space to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- For your convenience, social distancing guidelines will be implemented on the wellness floor and throughout the facility. Members and staff will be required to follow these guidelines.
- We will be conducting wellness checks of all staff upon entering the facility. All children in our child care programs will receive temperature checks before entry.
- Member-facing employees will be required to wear masks and members are also encouraged, but not required to do so.
- Please plan to bring your own mat, water bottle and towel. We will have items available for purchase if you forget them at home.
- Group fitness, locker rooms and Amazing Kids Centers will reopen on Monday, June 1. You can still enjoy a wide variety of online classes on Virtual Y and Facebook Live.
- Pools will reopen the week of June 1 with limited hours and capacities for general lap and open swim. Lap swim will initially be limited to one person per lane. Branches will begin to offer private and group swim lessons and youth swim team programs shortly after opening.
- At this time, open gym, racquetball courts and rock walls will remain temporarily closed.
- To ensure the utmost safety of our members, we will limit use of our facility to members only until we are fully reopen.
We recognize that some members may not yet be ready to return. Please know we understand and the Y will be here to welcome you back when that time comes. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your membership.