Our top priority here at the Valley of the Sun YMCA has always been and will continue to be the health and safety of our members and staff. We have worked closely with the State of Arizona and the Arizona Department of Health Services to implement the necessary safety protocols required for fitness facilities to reopen across Arizona.
ALL VALLEY OF THE SUN YMCA BRANCHES ARE NOW OPEN
We are excited to announce the reopening of all Valley of the Sun YMCA branches in Maricopa, Coconino, Pinal and Yuma Counties. At this time, fitness floors and locations with year-round pools are open at 25% capacity with the exception of the Copper Basin Family YMCA and Yuma Family YMCA which will be opening at 10% capacity. Group fitness, locker rooms, saunas, rock walls, athletic courts and Amazing Kids Centers will be reopening in the near future.
We want to keep our doors open for as many members as possible. Doing so means taking safety seriously. We thank you in advance for your understanding of and adherence to these updated safety protocols:
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well, are part of a vulnerable population, or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home!
- Masks must be worn within our facilities at all times – this includes while working out.
- Exceptions will be made for those who are swimming.
- Individuals with disabilities will be offered reasonable accommodations to this rule in the form of requiring a face shield instead of a mask.
- Temperature checks will be instituted for all members and employees upon entering the building.
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced throughout our studios, pool decks, cardio and group fitness areas.
- Members are required to sanitize each piece of equipment prior to and after use.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected by staff throughout the day. Fitness and pool equipment will be disinfected after each use.
- All members must reserve a time to work out and:
- Can book up to three 60-minute visits at a time.
- May check in up to 10 minutes before your scheduled reservation.
- Must check in within 10 minutes of your scheduled reservation time.
- Reservations can be made directly through our website and will be coming soon through the app.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated based on capacity.
*Reservations will be honored beginning on Monday,
- Members are asked to bring your own towel, yoga mat and water bottle.
- Limited hours will be implemented to allow extra time for deep cleaning and disinfecting procedures to take place each evening.
- Members found to not be following the guidelines above will be asked to leave the facility.