Valley of the Sun YMCA’s Three Year Journey 2022-2025
We lead when needed, follow when needed and act when needed to help create a community-for-good.
- Develop partnerships and work with other organizations and nonprofits to achieve community cohesiveness.
- Deliver award-winning programs that teach life skills and values to individuals and families.
- Create a path to membership and programs that is accessible to all.
- Welcome and provide access to all by awarding $10 million in scholarships to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- Commit to provide and connect resources to support individuals and families.
Our greatest resource for doing good is people. Healthy individuals and families at every stage of life expand goodness in the community.
- Provide exceptional training and development opportunities for our staff.
- Inspire and cultivate a strong volunteer culture.
- Provide opportunities for individuals of all ages to engage in community.
- Provide access to programs that develop current and future community leaders.
To generate community impact and safeguard the future, we must be a financially strong organization today and in the years to come.
- Build endowment to $6 Million. Distribute endowment earnings to support programs.
- Create a facilities stewardship program, and invest in capital projects.
- Create reserve funds, operating fund of $1.5 Million, maintenance fund $1.25 Million, equipment fund of $1 Million.
- Execute wise business and financial policies to safeguard the future.
- Eliminate short-term debt and reduce long-term debt.
- Grow philanthropic resources to strengthen the Y.
In an ever-changing world, we commit to innovate in our programs, operations and technology.
- Create a membership model informed by evolving consumer behavior.
- Implement technology and systems to meet the current needs of the community.
- Convene healthcare and social service providers to connect resources and fill service gaps.
- Expand access to childcare within and beyond the walls of the Y.
Thank you for your support as our three-year vision and journey to sustainable financial resilience develops. With your help, we will continue to ignite community-generated impact for all.
WE BELIEVE GOODNESS NEEDS A PLACE TO BELONG.