Y-OPAS is a community effort offering FREE support services to seniors and their caregivers with services provided by community volunteers, like you. The mission of Y-OPAS is to enable seniors to maintain independent living in their own homes as long as possible.
Y-OPAS is recruiting caring and compassionate volunteers who can help support homebound seniors in your community. Y-OPAS provides services in Ahwatukee, Goodyear and Scottsdale.
- 65 years and older, and in an independent living situation
- Live in a qualifying area
- Participate in an initial home visit and assessment
- Able to get in and out of a vehicle with little or no assistance
- 21 years or older
- Enjoy working with and learning from seniors
- Community support focused
- If providing transportation, a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a reliable automobile
- Provide transportation to and from necessary appointments
- Grocery shopping and errands independently, or with clients
- Socially connect with clients in person or over the phone
- Social planning & events
- Marketing and social media
- Office and clerical support
To stay up-to-date on Y-OPAS events and how to get involved, like us on Facebook.
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH Y-OPAS
Looking to stay connected with exciting OPAS activities? Check out the Connections Quarterly Newsletter.
Interested in becoming a OPAS volunteer? Learn how you can help aging Seniors in Arizona.
The OPAS program offers a number of volunteer opportunities from, Transportation Hero to Office Assistant Superstar.
Y-OPAS Interest Form
"*" indicates required fields