Average Reading Time: 4 minutes
MANIFEST YOUR GOALS WITH A VISION BOARD IN 2022!
“Imagine for a moment your own version of a perfect future. See yourself in that future with everything you could wish for at this very moment fulfilled. Now take the memory of that future and bring it here into the present. Let it influence how you will behave from this moment on.” Deepak Chopra
Lately, the term “manifestation” has been widespread. There are authors, writers, and speakers who have spoken about the power of manifesting what you want through visualization; visualize what you want to achieve and attract it to your reality.
Manifesting is described as “the practice of thinking aspirational thoughts with the purpose of making them real.” There are different ways to manifest such as using the law of attraction, the Tesla method, using numbers, or even doing a vision or dream board.
THE RISE OF VISION BOARDS
According to the Washington Post, dream boards or vision boards, as most popularly known, rose in popularity in the 2000s, thanks to the enormous success of Rhonda Byrne’s self-help book “The Secret.” Rhonda states that “thought is like a magnet,” whatever you imagine you can attract. You can attract even the most “unattainable” when you harness your power to lead your life.
STEP BY STEP
- Surface: You pick what’s best for you! Either cardboard, a piece of paper, or even a notebook!
- Adhesive: Glue sticks or washi tapes.
- Cutting tools
- Images: Magazines, old books, or printed pictures.
GET TO MAKING
- Don’t forget to set up the intention or many intentions you have.
- Turn on some candles and your favorite playlist!
- Find pictures that support your intentions
- Once you find all the pictures, stick them one by one on your surface. Organize them the way you like the most; there is no right or wrong organization!
- Add some representative words to the images that support your intention for each of them.
- Find a home for your vision board. It is essential to place your vision board somewhere you see it every day to motivate you to pursue your dreams and attract them!
MANIFESTATION IS ALSO AN ACT OF MINDFULNESS
The more aware we are of what we do, the more present we are. At the Y, our impact focuses on improving our community’s health and well-being by offering support, guidance, resources, facilities, and expertise. Our classes are designed to improve the mental, physical, and spiritual health of the members of our community.
FIND YOUR Y
Are you a member of the Y? Learn more about our schedule, virtual Y, or programs.
Want to give the Y a try? Get the free guest pass and enjoy our programs for a week!
Want to join the Y? Take advantage of our new year offer with a $0 joining fee + get a free six-week total wellness program.