Valley of the Sun YMCA youth sports programs encourage kids to develop new skills and discover their potential through teamwork, healthy competition, and most important, fun. Our volunteer coaches create a supportive environment that helps guide our children through learning the essentials of physical activities, healthy development, and participation.
Join in on the fun by registering for youth basketball, volleyball, cheerleading, and more!
Recreational/Competitive Jr. Suns Basketball & Volleyball
Your child, age 3-18, can enjoy sports at the Y! Recreational league coaches will work on basic fundamentals of the sport, while introducing defensive and offensive schemes. Competitive leagues are perfect for the child with past training in the sport.
- Recreational Jr. Suns Basketball | Pre K – Grade 6
- Competitive Jr. Suns Basketball | Grade 3 – High School
- Recreational Volleyball | Grade 1 – Grade 6
- Competitive Volleyball | Grade 4 – High School
To receive more information about the Y’s youth sports programs, please submit your information:
Our Youth Sports Program Guidelines Include:
- Strict sanitization and cleaning protocol have been implemented; including a minimum of 15 minutes between each clinic to allow for proper sanitization.
- Each participant is asked to utilize hand sanitizer upon entry.
- The Y requests that each participant brings their own ball for their safety. If necessary, the Y will supply a sanitized ball for the participant.
- Handwashing is prioritized; youth and staff will wash their hands after every activity.
- Any changes due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic will be communicated quickly. Should the season be postponed or cancelled due to health official guidelines, full or partial refunds will be issued based on the amount of games played.