Youth learn new techniques, make new friends, develop essential character traits, and set individual and team goals. This improves self-confidence, promotes diversity, increases self-esteem, and improves physical condition. Youth sports provides a foundation for fundamental social and athletic skills, and emphasizes healthy relationships through teamwork with adults and other children.
2020-2021 Club VOS Volleyball Tryout Information:
- 12-14s: Saturday, November 21 from 8:00am-12:00pm at Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA, Desert Foothills Family YMCA and Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA.
- 15-18s: Sunday, December 6 from 8:00am-12:00pm at Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA, Scottsdale/PV Family YMCA and Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA.
Documents needed to tryout (must be completely filled out in order to tryout):
- Copy of birth certificate
- COVID-19 Waiver and Release of Liability
- Concussion Acknowledgement Form
- SafeSport Form
- 2021 USA-V Player Medical Release Form
- Must show proof of USA-V and AZ Region Membership via SportsEngine
Our Youth Sports Program Guidelines Include:
- Strict sanitization and cleaning protocol have been implemented; including a minimum of 15 minutes between each clinic to allow for proper sanitization.
- Each participant is asked to utilize hand sanitizer upon entry.
- The Y requests that each participant brings their own ball for their safety. If necessary, the Y will supply a sanitized ball for the participant.
- In order to allow for social distancing, only one parent or guardian is allowed entry with the participant.
- Handwashing is prioritized; youth and staff will wash their hands after every activity.
- Any changes due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic will be communicated quickly. Should the season be postponed or cancelled due to health official guidelines, full or partial refunds will be issued based on the amount of games played.